Saturday, May 15, 2010

Final reflection

For my philosophy assignment, I put together a book of collages representing my philosophy of education. The process of completing this project was very time-consuming but also very rewarding for me, as I got to witness a bunch of different pictures, mediums, and ideas come together to make something that was whole and cohesive. As I reflected on this process, I realized that the collage was somewhat like Paideia II. Our class consisted of people of all different majors, education and otherwise, different interests, and different backgrounds, and this really added to the value of our class discussions and activities. I think that is the great thing about a class like Paideia -- when the environment and classroom relationships are structured in such a way that people can share their thoughts without fear of being negatively criticized, the learning that results is much more valuable.

I am happy with my experience in Paideia II and I am glad that my final project opened my eyes to the way the class can help us, future educators and future parents, grow when it comes to U.S. schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment